- Tincture: 5 to 15 drops, or 1 to 3 drops of fluid extract
Dosage of Adult (Forms and Strengths)
Tablet: 50 mg,
- 100 mg (Con Zip, Ultram ER)
- 150 mg (Con Zip)
- 200 mg (Con Zip, Ultram ER)
- 300 mg (Con Zip, Ultram ER)
Tramadol DOSAGE CONSIDERATION
Tramadol tablets must not be chewed or crushed, or dissolve.
For Moderate to Severe pain
In Chronic Pain: 25 mg orally a day in the morning. Increase the dose 25 to 50 every third day up to 50-100 mg. Do not exceed more than 400 mg a day.
In Acute Pain: Tramadol dosage of 50 to 100 mg every 4 to 6 hours as per guidance. Do not exceed more than 400 mg.
Tramadol 100 mg daily in the morning, with an increment of 100 mg every week, not exceed more than 300 mg a day.
Do not crush, dissolve, chew, or split.
- Tramadol Dosages should be individualized in the patient who doesn’t need rapid analgesia. Tolerability may increase in the slow dose titration. The FDA of the US warns against the use of Tramadol in pediatric patients.
- Please do not use in the patients who are obese or mentally ill; it may increase the risk of breathing problems. Tramadol is only suggesting in terms of the other treatment is inadequate.
- Due to limitations in the dosages with ER formulation. Some of the patients are not suitable to change from IR to ER.
- Do not use the ER products with the other Tramadol products as well. Also, it should not be taken more than once a day.
- Watch patients closely at the starting of the treatment at least 24 to 72 hours. Due to respiratory problems are noted in some of the cases. It is also a chief risk in patients who are more than 65 years of age.
- While there are not standard opioid schedules tapered that suit all the patients. The guidance of the doctor is necessary for the treatment or dosages.
Severe renal impairment:
Immediate-release 50-100 mg by mouth every 12 hours. In this condition, extended-release is not recommended.
Severe hepatic impairment:
50 mg orally every 12 hours, immediate-release.
For patients under 65 years: do not exceed more than 300 mg a day, taker the lower range.
For patients under 75 years: Use great cautions in elderly patients. Use immediate-release and not exceed more than 300 mg a day.